Last Updated: November 28, 2020
T. Kettle Inc. (“T. Kettle”, “we”, or “us”) values and respects your privacy.
Table Of Contents
- Collection And Use Of Personal Information
- Sharing Of Personal Information
- Information About Our Website
- Interest-Based Advertising
- Safeguards And Retention
- Your Choices
- Access To Information
- Contact Us
Collection And Use Of Personal Information
We collect and use your personal information for the purposes identified below.
- Store Purchases and Returns: You do not have to provide us with any personal information when you purchase merchandise with cash at one of our Stores. If you use a credit or debit card for your purchase, we collect your debit or credit card-related information and your signature to process and administer your payment. When returning merchandise, you may be asked to provide personal information such as your name and contact information in order to verify your identity and authorize the return transaction.
- Online Purchases: When you make a purchase on our Website, we collect your name, telephone number, address, and credit card information in order to finalize your transaction. This information is used to set up your shipment as well as securely administer your payment. Visitors also have the option to create an account on the Website, which will save name, phone number and address, but we will never save your credit card information.
- Subscribe to our Mailing List or Newsletter: If you subscribe to our email mailing list or newsletter, we collect your name and email address as well as other information on an optional basis to help us tailor our communications to you (such as your postal code and day/month of birth). If you no longer wish to receive these communications, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the newsletter. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving our newsletter by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional or account-related communications from us. We may also use services provided by third-party platforms (such as social networking and other websites) to serve targeted advertisements on such platforms to you or others, and we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider for such purposes. To opt-out of the use of your information for such purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Contests and Promotions: When you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, address, email address, phone number, and any additional information or content required for the contest or promotion, including to deliver a prize to you, or that you otherwise provide, including your social media handle, profile picture and public posts or comments you make about our contest on social media networks. We use this information to administer your participation in the contest or promotion. As part of a contest or promotion, we may obtain your consent to share or otherwise publish the content you submit.
- Careers: If you apply for a job with T. Kettle, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint through email, telephone, the contact us form on our Website, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as described below or as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Service Providers: Your personal information may be transferred (or otherwise made available) to third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to provide services such as administering our surveys, hosting the Website, providing advertising services, and sending our marketing communications. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions.
- Legal and Compliance: We and our Canadian, US and other foreign service providers may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by US or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of T. Kettle or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
Information About Our Website
- Visiting our Website: In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity and to monitor and improve our Website.
- Cookies: Our Website uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. Cookies may provide us and our service providers with information that we will use to personalize our Website in accordance with a user’s preferences (for example, to remember items you place in your Wishlist on the Website). You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Website features.
- Analytics: We may use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Website (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the Website. For more information or to opt-out using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” and “Google Analytics and Privacy”.
We work with third-parties such as ad networks and other advertising companies that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Website in order to provide you with tailored advertisements across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our Website and third-party websites (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and use this information to make predictions about your preferences, develop personalized content and deliver ads that are more relevant to you on third party websites. This information may also be used to evaluate our online advertising campaigns.
Opting-out of Interest-Based Advertising: For more information about interest-based advertising and to understand your options, including how you can opt-out of receiving behavioural ads from third-party advertising companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada website at http://youradchoices.ca/choices.
Please note that even if you opt-out of interest-based advertising by a third party, these tracking technologies may still collect data for other purposes including analytics and you will still see ads from us, but the ads will not be targeted based on behavioural information about you and may therefore be less relevant to you and your interests.
To successfully opt out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser (see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them). Your opt-out only applies to the web browser you use so you must opt-out of each web browser on each computer you use. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to opt-out again.
Safegaurds and Retention
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements.
We have record retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
As indicated above, if you have signed-up to receive our email communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the newsletter. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving our marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below.
Acess To Information
Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.